The SaaS landscape, especially in the HRIS category, has grown exponentially over the past few years. With this growth comes a plethora of challenges, especially regarding system integrations.
SaaS companies are grappling with the increasing demand for integrations while also trying to predict which new technologies will dominate the market.
Building integrations with HRIS also brings a very unique set of challenges due to the sensitivity of the data being handled.
But what if there was a solution that could address these challenges head-on?
First, let’s jump into the pain in a little more detail.
The Growing Pains of HRIS SaaS integrations
- Most HRIS integrations are NOT secure, compliant or real-time: Potential customers of any SaaS solution are more aware than ever about the risk integrations with their HRIS can pose. With data regulations becoming stricter globally, it's paramount that their vendors uphold the highest standards of security. They must maintain compliant with data privacy regulation and minimize processing of personal data..
- It’s impossible to predict the winners and losers: The HRIS SaaS market has exploded, with new players always emerging. For businesses, it should NOT be a gamble deciding which technologies to integrate with, they should have a solution which safeguards their future, by having a single API which integrates with every HRIS on the market at present and in the future.
- Being compliant for employee onboarding and offboarding is now compulsory: In today's digital age, compliance isn't just a recommendation—it's a requirement. Without a real-time HRIS API, technologies risk failing during due diligence and security review processes. For example, many certifications including SOC2 require employees onboard/offboard within 24 hours to be compliant. This makes it imperative for businesses to ensure that their integrations are not only efficient but also compliant with industry standards and regulations. This now means real-time is essential.
The Sales Dilemma
Sales teams are often caught in a bind. They LOVE to say “YES”. So, on one hand, they want to close deals and promise integrations, even when the business just has a REST API.
This approach, while beneficial in the short term, can lead to long-term challenges:
- Increased cost of sale - A misleading “yes” early in the sales cycle can lead to a loss late in the cycle during due diligence. Driving the cost of sale higher across your entire organisation.
- Increased churn - If the prospect does sign-up but is unable to achieve the adequate integration, they churn as quickly as they possibly can.
- Damaged reputation - “talkability” can be both positive and negative. The talkability of your product from a bad experience can be irrecoverable.
So, how do you allow Sales to say “YES” more often, with more confidence?
The Promise of the Unified API
Enter the concept of a "unified API". Instead of individual system-to-system integrations, a unified API allows businesses to integrate with an entire category of products using just one API. This approach offers major benefits:
- Scalability: Businesses can easily scale their integrations without extensive development work. The complexity of adding a new integration is completely removed with a Unified API as there is no additional work.
- Ease of implementation: Unified APIs make it easy to manage authentication and querying of very different HRIS systems, and only take a few days to implement.
- Low maintenance: When APIs change, the Unified API provider will take care of updating the connector, often completely transparently to the business. This means that there is no need for expensive engineering talent to spend time maintaining them.
The StackOne Viewpoint
StackOne offers a groundbreaking solution for businesses looking to simplify their integration processes. With our technology, the days of system-to-system integrations are over.
Reasons we have become a key partner for solutions which integrate with HRIS:
- Security: Our integrations are secure and follow zero-trust frameworks. StackOne manages client secrets without ever storing any of the data.
- Data Management: With StackOne, no personal data is stored, ever! Keeping clients compliant and aligned with their client's requirements.
- Real-time: Enabling best-in-class user experience and keeping our clients ahead of compliance requirements.
And the best part? We offer the first 3 client integrations for FREE. This means businesses can start seeing a return on investment from day one.
The HRIS SaaS market is evolving, and businesses need to adapt to stay competitive. With the challenges of system integrations and the unpredictability of the market, it's time for businesses to consider a more sustainable solution.
The unified API, as offered by StackOne, provides a beacon of hope for businesses looking to streamline their integration processes and confidently say "yes" to client requests.